Road Rules: All Stars is the first season of the MTV reality game show, The Challenge. Unlike later seasons the show followed alumni of The Real World as they went on a typical Road Rules-type adventure around the United States in a non-competitive format. It is the only season without the term Challenge in its title. The season premiered on June 1st, 1998.
Much like the original format of Road Rules, five alumni from past seasons of The Real World were brought together to participate in a series of missions as they traveled across the United States and New Zealand in a Winnebago. Unlike following seasons of Real World/Road Rules Challenge, this season only consisted of cast members from The Real World, and was made up of a much smaller cast. Again as with Road Rules, all of the cast's cash and credit cards were confiscated for the duration of the series, and if the participants completed all the assignments, they would win a "handsome reward". At the end of the series, each cast member won a trip for two to Puerto Rico.
|Eric Nies||New York|
|Jon Brennan||Los Angeles|
|Rachel Campos||San Francisco|
Each of the 5 episodes in this season included a challenges for the contestants. Money was rewarded for each completed challenge.
|1||Prove Existence of Ghosts||Completed|
|2||Sheep Shearing / Cow Milking||Completed|
|Fly By Wire||Completed|
|4||Urban Rap Jumping||Completed|
|Hot Dog on a Stick||Completed|
|Men vs. Women Cook Off||Completed|
|5||The Real Real World||Completed|
|Write a Theme Song||Completed|
- In the first mission, the men played a prank on the girls by pretending to be ghosts by waving their flashlights and making eerie noises. They then stripped to their boxers and ran around the mental hospital.
- Rachel and Sean developed feelings for each other on the show. They would eventually get married and have six children. Sean would go on to serve as district attorney of Ashland County, Wisconsin and the U.S. Representative for Wisconsin's 7th congressional district as a member of the Republican Party.
- During one mission, Rachel was embarrassed to participate because the costume she had to wear made her look ridiculous. After thinking things over, she eventually wore the hot dog suit and completed the task.
- The men had to create a soup made entirely of insects and feed it to the women. When Rachel and Cynthia discovered this, they were both horrified and disgusted with Cynthia threatening to leave the show.
- By the end of the challenge, each cast member won a trip for two to Puerto Rico.